Friday, November 25, 2005

DOOORdarshan…

My hubby suddenly enters the room and while switing the lights on ,sings in a childish tone…”.jab mai chota baccha tha..,badi sharrtat karta tha…meri chori pakdi jaati…Ab mai bilkul boodha hu,..goli kha kar jeeta hu…phir roshni deta Bajaj!!”

Then he asked me “u remember this ad from chidhood days”…and we started laughing..

This made me remember the schooldays…and the Commercial Ads and Serials on the ‘only one channel then’…apna DOORDARSHAN…DD1…..ye hai national channel… aur ap dekh rahe hai Doordarshan !!
The only few ads I could remember were:

- “Shilpa Char chaand lagaye…SHILPA BINDI

- The ad of PAAN PARAG ….(it comes even now but in those days the one with Ashok Kumar and a tallllllll person used to come..)
tall man asking ashok kumar-aur mere liye??
Ashok Kumar replies back – apke liye ye hai na(showing the looooong strip of Paan Parag….followed by the song…..”paan parag…paan masala..paan parag”!!…hehehe!!!

-The ad for milk- Doodh doodh doodh doodh …garmi may daalo doodh may ice ,doodh ban gaya very nice….piyo daily once or twice….mil jaiga tasty surprise”

with the ad for milk I remember the ad for eggs – Sunday khana ,Monday khana...roz
ande khana…andeeehee!!


Then coming to the serials from those days that flashed into my mind::
the great detective serial – KARAMCHAND….with detective Karamchand eating a carrot all the time….and it would always end with karamchand’s secretary telling him…Sir u r a genious!

Then wedneddays…we would wait for 8 pm …..for the famous music serial CHITRAHAAR…later I think it was changed to Sunday..

Thursdays- the regional music serial-Chitralahari(telugu songs).

Sundays were the days when we would wake up only when we could here the sound of the cartoon serial –HE-MAN…THE POWER OF THE UNIVERSE!!..He-man would always shout I got the power!!(later many cartoon started coming ,but I don’t know y I remember this one in particular)….He man would be followed by Ramayan…later Mahabharat….the sword of Tipu Sultan
One more Sunday serial about which I barely remember (it was I think when I was in primary school)…I just remember the song “RAJANI RAJANI !!”

Later the Sunday morning slot for cartoon was replaced with the serial CHANDRAKANTA….and its title song was Chandra kanta ki kahani ye man hai purani…ye purani ho kar bhi badi lagti hai suhani
Then Sunday would be day for watching Hindi movie on tv

Well ……these were the ads and serials I could remember…some memories r so faded …I can barely remember them….TV during school days!!…but really at that time that one channel Doordarshan was only sufficient to facinate us…now a days….more the channel more the confusion about what to see…and ending up seeing nothing in particular…

23 comments:

Mitesh said...

Yea, Still remember those Doordarshan Ads and Serials.
How everybody use to get glued to there TV sets on Wednesday evenings to watch chitrahaar and on Saturday evenings to watch the weekend movie.

My favorites were He-Man and Giant robot, i remember how i used to run home form school just to watch it. Never missed a single episode.

But today with this new channels coming up, can hardly remember which serial is aired on which channel.

Sujit said...

yep.. those were days of watching T.V was something different unlike now..

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I spend all ma life watching DD....and tell you waht...whtever you had mentioned here, yes..I've seen em all :)

watching marathi movie on saturday evening and hindi movies on sat afternoon on DD-Metro and one movie at 530 in evening on DD-National...that was how I spent most of ma weekends...


I remember that ad:

- jab main chota...
- then paan parag..yes yes
- and hmmm....Shilpa ki bindi..hehehe
- lifebuoy ka ad
- while we were clicking out class photo in 10th std, when that camera guy said, SAY CHEESE...some one from the back row started singing...doodh...doodh..hehehe
- then ad of amul chocolate...during diwali...awesome


Karamchand....I remember I used to go to ma friends place on sat afternoon....on the name of doing studies and used to watch Karamchand and vikram vetal after that...hehehe

then remember
-UDAAN,
-Wagale ki Duniya...
-Mr. Yogi...
-Mungerilaal ke haseen sapane...saapane hi saapane...mungeri ke saapane..hehehe

:)

Boy...got all those memories back..

Chitrahaar...yess...chayageet and chitrahaar on wednesday nights...and I used to hate when all songs were boring...all night I used to curse DD for showing boring songs.. :)

Heman...boy oh boy...only I know how much of time we guys spent in making a sword just like HEMAN..and then there was this series...GIANT ROBOT..I used to run away from ma tuition classes to catch this series at 6pm...I think on thursdays...

Ramayan..Mahabharat....mom used to force me n bro on sunday morning at 7am...just to watch these serials...

That was one nice post AF..thanks for bringing ma sweet memories back...and yes, for sharing urs too..

Have a great weekend ahead Doct. Take care!!

Sujith said...

good old memories... on weekends, my house was kind of a movie theatre with ppl from near by houses coming down to see the weekend movie in DD..

Aashi said...

@Mitesh ::
u used to run away from school to watch Gaint robot....hehe!!...so sweet!

@ sujit ::
hmm.yea !

@Arzoon ::
u reminded me of the things i forgot when i postting this...thanks!
Udaan...the police walika serial..
Mr Yogi ...the forieng return searching for an indian bride!!
Mugeri laal- going of to his dream world...ankh marte huwe...hehe!!!

@jithu ::
iam sure u had lotsa of funn!!

Aashi said...

ARZOOON::

1 small request - plz dont call me doct so many times...it makes me feel like im still in hospital...plzzz
My name is ayesha and all those who know me call me Aashi...u can call me whatever u feel like ..but not doct plzzzzzz!

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Udaann...yes, I dont remember much of this serial..its ma mom's fav.

Yogi...yup..thts the one I was talking about

And Mungeri...you guessed it right!!

Alwite AAshi....its Aashi from now on and now anything else

Hope you had a nice weeeknd
Enjoy!!

dreamz_verity said...

After reading ur blog i do recall some of them.
Chitrahaar and Rangoli were the two much awaited serials for me.

I used to watch Nukkad and Circus.Then there were serials like "Shanti","Vyomkesh Bakshi" etc.
Regarding ads --still remember Cinkara ad..."...bechara kaam ke bhojh ka maara isse chahiye humdard ka tonic cinkara".

My niece does't like milk--Then many a times i sing that milk song for her to encourage her for drinking milk.

Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Yes yes...

I remember Vyomkesh Bakshi (all episodes shot in calcutta or something with that typical Desi dress)...I was so impressed with his detective skills, that I started reading loads of mystry novels...hehehe

Kaved Jafri in "bechara kaam ke bhojh ka maara isse chahiye humdard ka tonic cinkara".

Nice ones Dreamz :)

Aashi said...

Arzoon ::
thanks !! aashi from now...Goood!!

Aashi said...

dreamz verity ::
hi !!
yea i too remember Circus now...shahrukh Khan acted in that na...from that i remembered "DOOSRA KEWAL "also..this one also had shahrukh..
yea yea!! the Cinkaraka Ad...heehe!!!
Thanks for commenting here Dreamz!!

hope and love said...

hmmm u have made me nostalgic..
chithrahar.. buniyad.. karamchand.. faugi..
:))

J N said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
J N said...

:)

Last month we were discussing the same stuff at Thanu's Blog (http://thanurambles.blogspot.com/2005/10/yeh-kya-haal-bana-rakha-hain.html).Actuallythose shows from the 80's used to be so special because for one they were not like the shows of today where the actual 30 mins of show is 15 mins advs & 5 mins of recap & 10 mins of the actual show. The humour were cleaner.Basically till the Gulfwar there was no other option but to watch the National Channel.Anyway...I really think Kids of today miss out on so much that we enjoyed as kids.

By the way anyone remembers Monmon Sen's Cinthol ad?Gaint Robot?Yeh Jo Hein Zindagi?Char Jasoos?Famous Five?Or..Am I Just too Old? :(

Jagu

www.rumbling.net

J N said...

http://thanurambles.blogspot.com
/2005/10/yeh-kya-haal-bana-rakha-hain.html


Now how do I wrap da link in here??? :P


Jagu

www.rumbling.net

Geo said...

Street hawk

:_)

Aashi said...

Hope and love ::

Yessss…..fauji I remember! Shahrukh khan in it na!

Aashi said...

Jaggu ::
Yes todays children have very few good things to watch….today every other channel shows saas bahu shows….something really stupid!!
And hey u r not too old…..i too remember Char jasoos(and iam sweet 23 …hehe!!!…not too old na….we r youth…ok!)it’s the same serial which used to be telecast on Sundays na…its song was something like…..ek,do teen, char ,,,charo milke saath chale to ho jai chamatkaar……right!!
* shall see ur link in detail tomorrow* thanks anyways!

Aashi said...

Geo ::
U could remember only one serial …Street hawk??? so sweet!…..kya hua engineer teri memory ko???? Hehee!!!

Vishwa said...

af,
thanks for the trip down memory lane. Who can forget Nukkad or Malgudi days or Yeh jo hai zindagi?
Or the 15 minute long 'Mile sur mera tumhara' and the olympic run of all sporting greats of india at that time.
Good post!

Aashi said...

Vishwa::
yea yea.....milaaaaaaaay sur mera tumhara to sur bane hamara...hehee!!! those were the days yaar..!

Unknown said...

hello! anybody knows/remembers about this serial called neev... on school life in hostel in panchgani....can someone tell me where to geta link to watch it?!
thanks

Unknown said...

hello! anybody knows/remembers about this serial called neev... on school life in hostel in panchgani....can someone tell me where to geta link to watch it?!
thanks