Monday, March 13, 2006

Would b baby BLUES!..WHAT DO I DO!!

The other day we had a departmental meeting,after the meeting i was chatting with a collegue of mine(mother of 3 kids)

She asked me " which month now(of pregnancy)"
I said " Sixth month has just started "
She gave me astonished looks and expressions and said " You dont look like you are gonna start 6th month na "..seeing directly at my tummy...!
I tried to make excuses and said " nahi ,nahi,aisa nahi hai...i'm wearing a loose coat na today,may be thats the reason its not obvious "
But she wasnt conviced with my explaination ,gave me a dissatisfied look and said " Noo!....even then ,u dont look like..."
Finally i asked her what should do to..look like
She said " EAT!! "....ok,okkk...

The other day i saw Hritik Roshan's wife' pic in the news paper(i think she is in her 8th month)...her tummy is really sooo big...i wonder what the lady is eating...hehee!!

Again yesterday my sister in law had visited her...thank God she was cautious enough not to stare directly at my tummy,but she did notice it..
Thats the reason she said " U dont seem to have put on weight,the way you should have by now...tell me did your weight increase in the last check up? "
I said " No "(infact it had decreased a lil last month,but i didnt tell her)
She said "EAT..everything,dont bother about weight gain now,you will reduce after delivery..but now EAT every now and then.

This did not end there...my sweet SIL then said " the new born will be FAIR if u EAT plenty of Pomogranates and Apples "
To this my dear MIL also made her contribution and added " baby will be fair if u DRINK milk Kesar(Saffron) "...ok,okkk...

NOW, how do i explain to my dear dear people that beacuase this is my first pregnancy ,the tone of my abdominal muscle will be very good and thats the reason my tummy is not sooo visible as of now...it will become obvious in the later months of pregnancy!! what do i do to make my self..LOOK LIKE PREGNANT!!

AND...colour of the baby will be depend on the genes genes he inherits!!!...THANK GOD!!they did not ask me to apply FAIR N LOVELY on my tummy saying that it would penetrate my skin,uterine wall etc and show its effect on the baby...heheee!!!

BUT....whats so wrong even if my baby is born dark chocolate coloured..BIG DEAL??!!....it still remains mine!!

My mommy dear is nitting a sweater for the baby...shoo shweet!!( though i didnt like the colour of the wool she has chosen)and my MIL has asked me not to scratch my tummy even if i feel itchy or else it will give me ugly strech n scratch marks...This is a good sweet advice!

Anyways......HAPPY HOLI TO ALL MY FRIENDS!!!....ENJOY!!!!

42 comments:

sinusoidally said...

I cannot believe that you are six months already!

Congratulations!

Keshi said...

hey 6 months ha...good luck sweety!


Ur right...complexion comes from inherited genes...tellur MIL that saffron wouldnt help much lol!


Keshi.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Enjoy ur pregnancy fully & don't worry about suggestions that are given .TAke what u want and just chuck the rest!!!

Wishing u a safe pregnancy.

All the very best!!!

Rashmi.

Vishnu said...

4 months to go..take healthy food...as a Doc. u know much better....everything will be fine :)

Happy Holi

Cheers!
:)

Aashi said...

sinusoidally ::
yup! sixth month has started...time is just flying...looks like only few days back i told my blog friends abt my conceiving...hehe!!

Aashi said...

Keshi ::
yea yea!! anyways,my MIL is a sweet piece!lucky to have her!

Aashi said...

Randomthoughts ::
thanks Rashmi!!

Aashi said...

Vishnu ::
hope everything goes just fine...
and happy holi to u too!!!

Aashi said...

Susubala ::
was ur tummy toooo visible in the fifth month...mine is also visible yaa...but not so so so obvious,...anyways,today i got some good tips from my best friend,Aseema also...shall follow them....take care!

Geo said...

EAT
EAT
EAT

ha ha ha... eat, drink, sleep and make merry :_))

Anonymous said...

"and luckly none my family o my hubby's fmaily is dark "

oh my god racial discrimnation. Martin luther king are u listening....

by the way, please eat :)

Abhishek said...

you know you have done a lot of good to this world and to people who care for you.
now it time you find happiness.
althought i am prettu "young" to suggest this...i think...instead of blogging u must be relaxing now ...
isn't it?

Aashi said...

Geo ::
i'm not replying to ur comment....u know why,isnt it??...CUTTI.! remember for what??!

Aashi said...

Lash::
Hey dear!! i dont have any such feelings yaa...i just wrote it cuz they were asking me to eat things specifically for that...that pissed me off !

Aashi said...

Abhishek ::

you know you have done a lot of good to this world
hmmm...sounds good..but smells fishy n sarcastic...if so,, plz dont beee!...PLEASE!

instead of blogging
seriously...u dont want me to write here or on any other blog or what??...i come online,only when im free and it infact relaxes me,cuz i chat with my bro-sis,and friends.....anyways thanks for the advice!!

Sujit said...

I do not know much.. but only thing to say is that take of your health..!! and since you are doc you know the best! what to do!!

J N said...

:)
EAT...EAT...EAT... my sister ate a lot I think!!! And hey hey DARK is the best & most healthy skin..... You should be Knowing that Doc ;)


Uncle J..aka Jaguu

www.rumbling.net

Vipul said...

happy holi nice blog:)

Anonymous said...

i dint take it seriously AF but Martin Luther has sent a notice asking you to either retract the statement or EAT which one do you prefer ? hehehehe :)

Aashi said...

sujit ::
yes sujit...u know what??!!...my MIL and SIL,are all set to make me eat liver ,and coconut everyday!!!

i know liver is rich in vitamins and Iron...but still its liver yaa.....yukkk!!!...wawk!wawk!
coconut ...ok i like it!

Aashi said...

Jaggu ::
ok dear sweet sweet uncle of a cute lil angel!...she's really verrrrrrry cute!

Aashi said...

wanderer::
hey thanks for ur comment here!

Aashi said...

Lash ::
ok,okiee!!...i'll do both,if u say!...will EAT and retract...check the post again!

hope and love said...

I AM SURE THAT UR BABY WILL BE AS CUTE AS U..
:))

Jina said...

aah..anything about baies make me go awwwwwwwwwwww...take care...

Aashi said...

Hope and Love ::
Anuuuuu!!! *hugs*
i'm trying to contact u since so many days...have sooo many things to share with u..but u r busy these days i know...
Thanks for saying i'm cute...hehe!...pray tht the baby should be healthy!

Aashi said...

ursjina::
i too am like u...any thing abt babies just excites me...and this is gonna be MY baby!!..
Thanks for ur comment here!

Sujit said...

wow... you are on a roll to eat anything to everything.. !! tell then not to tell what you are eating and eat everything hge hee!!.. ingnorance!!

Dewaker Basnet said...

applying fair and lovely...that was a witty one!! btw do u know bout the new thing in town fair and handsome (for guys:) corny!!!
have a very nice time..and all the best for the coming months:)

Aashi said...

sujit ::
teaching me tricks haa sujit!!...hehe!

Aashi said...

Dewakar ::
FAR N HANDSOME....hehehee!! too good! yea have to that in mind also...baby boy o baby girl...hai na!

Sujith said...

so we shud take precaution while visiting u rt. who knows u eat us too :p

Mind Curry said...

i remembered bill cosby's "i am what i ate" reading your post :) well technically, you can gain about 12 kilos in the 9 months.. so enjoy the goodies :)

Aashi said...

Jithu ::
hehehe!!! u better be careful....i may just gulp u ,without even giving my jaws and teeth any exertion!!!...hehe!

Aashi said...

mindcurry ::
yea yea...12 kgs...i hope i dont end up looking like a tun-tun!!!..even my hubby will not recognise me then...hehe!..

Sujit said...

he he.. me and tricks... noway!! you are my teacher.....!! he hehe

Aashi said...

sujit ::
u called me ur teacher!!!...think twice dear...i'm very quick in asking GURUDAKSHINA!!! hehee!!

Sujit said...

i don't mind.. but dont feel you are as self centered as dronacharya :p..

Aashi said...

sujit ::
sujiiiiiiiiit!!!!.....u called me self centered??!!!!.....hoew bad!!* sobs* *sobs*....do u really mean it!!!*sobs*

Aashi said...

Keerti ::
hey great fan of Hritik and getting dispointed cuz he's gonna be father o what...heehe!!

thanks for ur comment here!

Sarah said...

three days before i gave birth( full term noraml healthy baby), my cousin told me I looked like abt 3 months pregnant..
Don't worry abt ur weight gain.. u r only expected to gain 12 kg in 9 months.
Enjoy the pregnancy.. forget abt baby's colour or your weight..
Being a mother is the best thing that ever happend to me..

Aashi said...

Immigrant in canada ::
hey ! welcome here!