Thursday, September 29, 2005

THE GIRL NEXT DOOR!!

We had to attend a wedding yesterday.We were invited from the brides side.I personally didn’t know anyone,just knew that bride was our nieghbours daughter(I still didn’t become soo friendly with my inlaws neightbourhood!).
Since morning I had been noticing that hubby dear was being extra-cautious about how I would dress up in the evening.He asked me several times what I had decided to wear.Finally we decided that I would wear a ghagra-choli(simple,decent,slightly difficult to carry but elegant).In the evening again when I was selecting my lipstick n other accessories ,my husband suddenly said…’that shade of lipstick doesn’t match,see for another’ and mumbled ‘u have to look your best today’…I was startled at this(not that he doesn’t give me tips on dressing,but he never comments on things I choose and is never adamant)..
Ok…anyways,when he gave a final ‘YES’ nod to my looks,we went to the function hall.
It was all going on fine,I had dinner with few other friends.Then the girls mom introduced me to few ladies(the brides cousins and aunts).I was then surprised ,cuz when ever I happened to glance this group of ladies,I found that they were staring at me,as if inspecting me from all directions.This was quite annoying,and made me feel very self-conscious and forced me to wonder if I was looking weird or was something ridiculously wrong with me…I couldn’t guess .!
We returned home(by that time I was totally enraged) and as soon as we entered I started grumbling and complained to my hubby ,that I was feeling very awkward and out of place because of the SUDDEN UNEXPECTED AND MOST UNWANTED INSPECTION AND SCRUTINY I had to face …
Hubby started laughing ,asked me to calm down and said that he had intuition something like this would happen.He then told me they(the bride’s people)had sent a proposal for my husband,and wanted their daughter to be married to him,..but cuz my hubby had already told about his choice( that’s a proud ME) to his parents it didn’t work up.Nowww….i understood that the group of ladies as probably inspecting me to find out “Ismay aisa kya hai jo hamari ladhki may nahi(what is so special about her)”..

I asked my hubby (excited) what was special,and he said…”if I had seen her before I saw u ,I woulnt have proposed u”(winking and and giving a crooked,notorious smile)..I pretended to be angry with him for while,before we had a good laugh!!!

12 comments:

hope and love said...

:))
im sure u did ur hubby proud.
cute post..

Sujit said...

nice post.. good momemnts.. to enjoy..

Mitesh said...

That was Shooooo Shweeeet of U and ur HUBBY, may U both Have a Happy Married Life.. and Many more wonderful moments

GOD BLESS U BOTH!!!

Aashi said...

hope and love: made my hubby proud...am not so sure about it..but the hug i got from him after that was very affectionate...so i prefer to be happy thinking that ..MAY BE HE IS PROUD!!...hehe!
thanks ! Anu it feels very nice when u compliment..
and...doc, i left a hi-hello wala msg for u on ur messenger this evening..

Aashi said...

Sujit: yup, these r good moments...hope to have many more such moments!

Aashi said...

Mitesh dear:u've been a good friend .thanks for the good wishes!Making a Happy Married Life a ver very very very Happy Married Life...depends on me and my husband...and i promise to do the best i can to nuture this relation!

Aashi said...

SUJIT:::read ur comment n the last post just now...wow!!what a good comparison u've made between friends n petals of a flower !
ur freind saying-"you tend to move towards a person whom you like to be a friend rather than looking back at persons who want you to be their freind".....is also a fact and is true to a fair extent!

Mitesh said...

Hope u keep up The Promise, if u do so, I shall be the most Happiest Person on this Planet!!

Geo said...

Nice description.

Guess this post (and its comments) brought back sweet memories to you.

Aashi said...

hmm Geo!

Arun said...

LOL! Interesting post. Men will be men!

~ Arun

Aashi said...

ARUN::...yea men r men...develish at times...hehe!! thanks for the visit here!